Welcome to Week 5!
You are making excellent progress. You are almost half way through the study plan. Keep up the enthusiasm and discipline.
A quick tip before you begin: Try to study at least 3 hours a day, and in the weekends a little more if your schedule permits.
Let’s get started shall we?
Certified Management Accountant Part 1 – Section C: Performance Management (Continued)
In this week, your focus should be on:
1. Responsibility centers and reporting segments
- Types of responsibility centers
- Transfer pricing models
- Reporting of organizational segments
2. Performance measures
- Product profitability analysis
- Business unit profitability analysis
- Customer profitability analysis
- Return on investment
- Residual income
- Investment base issues
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Balanced scorecard
Certified Management Accountant Part 2 – Section B: Corporate Finance (Continued)
In this week, focus on Working Capital Management. I’ve allocated 4 weeks to studying Section B. We have two more weeks to go.
1. Working capital management
- Working capital terminology
- Cash management
- Marketable securities management
- Accounts receivable management
- Inventory management
- Types of short-term credit
- Short-term credit management
Try to focus only on studying these topics. If you finish studying before the end of the week, go over your notes and formulas to harness your knowledge.
If you find the content hard to learn, perhaps having an instructor by your side helping you each step of the way may be better than self-studying. Check out the video below that explains more about this and about my online CMA video prep course:
This weekly study plan is a simplified version of the study plan in my CMA Coach Study Guide.
If you’d like a more in-depth guide that includes exam tips, exam formula guides and much more, please visit the Study Guide page and get your copy. This is a must-have guide if you plan to self-study.
Until next week,